Social Media Specialist
Director of Communications
Lazarus House Ministries started 37 years ago with a challenge from Mother Teresa (yes, THAT Mother Teresa) to a Marist Brother to make a difference in Lawrence. In the decades since, Lazarus House has earned a reputation as a trusted faith-based nonprofit in the Merrimack Valley. Food, shelter, work preparation, advocacy and clothing are our core strengths and we are committed to innovating to serve our community’s evolving needs best.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and results-oriented Social Media Specialist who will work closely with the Director of Communications to develop and implement the Ministry’s social media strategy across various social media channels. Resulting campaigns will engage our community, create interactive relationships and success will be measured against campaign goals. Candidates must be social savvy, well versed in the nuances and language of different social platforms, have excellent written communication skills, and a heart for serving people struggling with poverty. The main criteria for employment are work experience and a proven skill set in simultaneously managing a wide array of social media accounts, but an associates or college degree in marketing or communications is useful.
Position Description – Duties include but are not limited to:
Social Media Content/Posting/Communication
- Create social media campaigns and post content that promotes our needs, brand, our relationships, and Events.
- Develop appropriate paid social strategies, implementation, and reporting.
- Work with Communications team to curate text, audio, video, and multi-media formats.
- Ensure all content aligns with Lazarus House Ministries’ mission, vision, and core values.
- Create content that engages our audience, increases traffic, and boosts conversions (from followers, volunteers, supporters, donors and our target market).
- Monitor social media accounts regularly and interact with followers.
- Direct messages from various platforms to the right person within Lazarus House.
Social Media Metrics & Analytics:
- Track key performance metrics for each platform to maximize results and report progress. (Make sure we know what is working, what isn’t and why?)
- Develop monthly summary reports that monitor progress and suggest shifts in strategies as needed.
- Develop monthly reports on emerging social media trends.
- Develop method to encourage and save online review
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to mission of Lazarus House Ministries.
- Understand and support how the Ministry’s Gospel foundation drives our decisions and actions.
- Desire to work as part of a fast-paced, collaborative Communications Team. Exhibit a Team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate across ministry areas.
- Minimum of 3-years successful experience in social media strategy, content development, implementation, and monitoring.
- In depth knowledge of successful corporate or non-profit use of social media platforms especially FB, FB Live, IG, TWITTER, YOU TUBE, LINKED IN, TIK TOK and others.
- Proficiency in using analytics/metrics software such as Google Analytics, social media insights, website analytics tools and traffic patterns etc.
- Knowledge of optimum use of SEO Tools across all social media.
- Customer Service experience.
- Proven robust communication skills in English – presentation skills and editorial content.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Spanish speaking/Spanish translation a plus.
- Graphics and design knowledge a bonus.
Please include a cover letter, personal Social Media addresses, Social Media campaign portfolio and resume when applying.
This is a part-time position working 20-24 hours per week.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The information described here includes but is not necessarily limited to general physical requirements, demands and/or working conditions that an employee is likely to encounter at Lazarus House, Inc. You must be able to handle or possess the ability to meet the following:
- Prolonged sitting and/or standing, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate equipment pertinent to your area- office, kitchen, warehouse, cleaning, etc.
- Lifting, moving and carrying up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Travel from building to building within the Ministry and/or to external agencies.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work with or be exposed to diverse populations, including people who are homeless or have mental illness or other challenges
- Interact effectively with staff, guests, volunteers, benefactors and the general public.
- Manage multiple priorities.