Special Events Assistant
Part Time 24 Hours, flexibility needed
Director of Development
Lazarus House Ministries started 37 years ago with a challenge from Mother Teresa (yes, THAT Mother Teresa) to a Marist Brother to make a difference in Lawrence. In the decades since, Lazarus House has earned a reputation as a trusted faith-based nonprofit in the Merrimack Valley. Food, shelter, work preparation, advocacy and clothing are our core strengths and we are committed to innovating to serve our community’s evolving needs best.
Working with a team of development, communications and event production professionals, the Special Events Assistant will provide pre-event, on-site and post-event assistance with a goal of maximizing event income, participation and the overall event experience. Currently, Lazarus House’s annual fundraising events include the Drive for Dignity Golf Tournament, Hike for Hope 5K and Sharing our Bounty Gala and Auction.
The primary responsibility of the Special Events Assistant is to serve as liaison between the internal Lazarus House staff and the external event planning consultant to facilitate and streamline communication between these two teams. Other duties/responsibilities include:
- Working with both teams to meet deadlines as outlined in the event production schedule
- Supporting the event marketing/promotional strategies by working alongside the communications and event planning consultant.
- Collaborating with the Coordinator of Volunteers to ensure adequate volunteer assistance at each event
- Maintaining and sharing the status of Sponsorship acquisition and solicitation amongst the teams
- Participating in Event Planning Committee Meetings, taking note as to actions that need follow up.
- Assisting with mailings, compiling lists and proofreading/editing documents as needed
- Accessing the donor management systems (Raiser’s Edge & OneCause) to locate and record donor information
- Maintaining and logically formatting statistical data and reports
- Fulfilling other position related duties as require
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the mission of Lazarus House Ministries
- Possess an understanding of and support how the Gospel foundation drives our decisions and actions throughout the Ministry
- Ability to self-start, multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work individually as well as within a team environment
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, interpersonal (written and verbal)
- Ability to work evenings and some weekends will be required
- Strong computer skills and familiarity of social media and peer to peer fundraising platforms.
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) a plus
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The information described here includes but is not necessarily limited to general physical requirements, demands and/or working conditions that an employee is likely to encounter at Lazarus House, Inc. Additional requirements may arise as your employment and needs of the Ministry evolve. You must be able to handle or possess the ability to meet the following:
- Prolonged sitting and/or standing, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate equipment pertinent to your area- office, kitchen, warehouse, cleaning, etc.
- Lifting, moving and carrying up to 50 pounds occasionally (This may be 75 pounds or more when employee’s responsibilities include moving furniture and other such items).
- Travel from building to building within the Ministry and/or to external agencies.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work with or be exposed to diverse populations, including people who are homeless or have mental illness or other challenges
- Interact effectively with staff, guests, volunteers, benefactors and the general public.
- Manage multiple priorities
- Able to manage the stress of the job