“Our work should not be superficial but deep. We must reach the heart.
To reach the heart we must do – love is proved in deeds.”
Spark*LE Team Leader
Spark*LE Program Supervisor
The Spark*LE Team Leader is responsible to lead, train and set an example for the Spark*LE cleaning teams in the following areas- customer interaction, cleaning effectiveness, thoroughness and efficiency, use of cleaning supplies and equipment, use of English on the job, safety on the job and transporting teams to and from jobs.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Be a role model/trainer/supervisor for Spark*LE trainees in the following areas:
- Arrive at work at the scheduled time each day, knowing that tardiness and absences from work will place hardship on fellow team members and disrupt client cleaning schedules.
- Wear appropriate uniform and personal protective equipment in accordance with the job you are performing.
- Perform effectively, efficiently and safely various cleaning activities including cleaning bathrooms, bathroom fixtures showers and tubs, washing floors, cleaning kitchens, vacuuming carpets, dusting, polishing and other cleaning-related activities in accordance with the client request.
- Move couches, chairs and other furniture as needed.
- Be responsible to secure homes or private offices, including locking doors and windows and activating alarms, without letting pets out.
- Report any broken items, accidents or injuries promptly to the Program Supervisor or Manager.
- Report any emergency maintenance problems including broken toilets and other water fixtures to the Program Manager immediately.
- Report any security or safety violations to the Program Supervisor or Manager immediately.
- Provide orientation for trainees on Spark*LE policies and procedures at the beginning of their training program.
- Train team and demonstrate proper use of all equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Train and supervise team members on specific cleaning techniques based on time and motion to work smarter, not harder.
- Report on trainee performance to Program Manager.
- Understand and adhere to safety procedures as established in the company’s Safety Program Handbook and as required by specific job responsibilities that involve use of equipment and chemicals.
- Has primary responsibility to leave all cleaning jobs premises secured and in the condition found.
- Responsible to safely drive to work sites, transporting team members and maintaining a clean vehicle.
- Responsible to report immediately any change in driver’s license status to Program Manager.
- Responsible to report any accidents or damages to the company vehicles including any problems or concerns with the operation/performance of the vehicles.
- Attend and participate in meetings as requested by the Program Manager.
- Be available and on call outside of regular work schedule when needed.
- Communicate effectively with team members and clients.
- Take personal responsibility to enhance written and verbal English skills to practice fluency and competence by using the computer lab and practicing English on the job.
- Adhere to and enforce Spark*LE’s no cell phone use while on work sites or while driving policy.
- Adhere to and enforce Spark*LE’s no smoking in vehicles and while inside or at client work sites policy.
- Fulfill other position-related duties as required
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the mission of Lazarus House Ministries
- High School Diploma
- Prior cleaning experience is a plus.
- Valid MA state driver’s license
- Bilingual Fluency (English – Spanish)
- Good problem solving skills.
- Team player with strong leadership skills with ability to delegate and motivate trainees.
- Strong customer focus with ability to manage difficulties of emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs and solicit customer feedback to improve service.
- Ability to respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; and remain open to new ideas.
- Manage multiple priorities and a stressful workplace.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The information described here includes but is not necessarily limited to general physical requirements, demands and/or working conditions that an employee is likely to encounter at Lazarus House, Inc. Additional requirements may arise as your employment and needs of the Ministry evolve. You must be able to handle or possess the ability to meet the following:
- Prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate equipment pertinent to your area- office, kitchen, warehouse, cleaning, etc.
- Lifting, moving and carrying up to 50 pounds regularly. This may be 75 pounds or more when employee’s responsibilities include moving furniture and other such items.
- Travel from building to building within the Ministry and/or to external sites.
- Ability to tolerate use of cleaning chemicals and physical nature of the job.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work with diverse populations
- Interact effectively with staff, guests, volunteers, benefactors and the general public.