Position Title: Events Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Development
Position Summary: Working with a team of development professionals comprised of the Director of Development; Major Gifts Officer; Stewardship; Foundations Coordinator; Grants Manager, Coordinator of Volunteers and Development Database Manager, the Events Coordinator is responsible for developing, executing and managing the Ministry’s Special Events to ensure fundraising goals are met, bringing in approximately $1 Million or more annually through events. This is accomplished via ongoing donor and sponsor stewardship, regular engagement with volunteers (particularly event committee members), and highly organized event operations while closely managing event expenses. This position will also have direct interaction with the Executive Director, board level volunteers and possibly other staff. This position oversees the Special Events Assistant.
Position Description: Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage multiple events’ revenue goals and operating budgets
- Plan, manage and direct “life cycle” of all events – pre-event planning, event, on-site and post-event logistics (sponsors, staff, volunteers, participants) for all Special Events, donor-driven events, and third party events.
- Lead in the identification and recruitment of new Event Committee volunteers
- Develop, coordinate and assist Special Events Committees and their chairs – ideally assist Committee chairs’ in facilitation of meetings (facilitate when necessary), provide status of “sub committees”, handle meeting notes, maintain distribution lists, etc.
- Responsible for identifying and securing underwriting/sponsorships, in-kind donations and auction items and lead committee members to do the same
- Work in concert with Director of Development, Major Gifts Officer, Development Officer, Stewardship, R/Communications specialist, and Grants Manager to cultivate and coordinate on stewardship strategies to promote the Lazarus House image for donor cultivation and stewardship
- Supervise the Special Event Assistant with a focus on effective and efficient work while increasing their training and knowledge in our events
- Work closely with the Director of Development and Executive Director to maximize stewardship and cultivation opportunities as well as income-producing opportunities from all events
- Develop marketing/promotional strategies and materials for each event, in consultation with PR and the Director of Communications
- Act as primary liaison to contractors, printers, mail house and other outside vendors involved with all aspects of for events working in consultation with Director of Communications
- Develop and track event metrics to monitor growth, success factors and results year on year or as needed
- Coordinate and manage the photographing of events with Director of Communications as appropriate.
- Attend most Development Committee meetings and relevant sub-committees
- Attend weekly Development Team meetings
- Attend all Ministry organized and external Ministry related events
- Fulfill other position related duties as required
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the mission of Lazarus House Ministries
- Understanding and support of how the Gospel foundation drives our decisions and actions throughout the Ministry
- 3-5 years of events and fundraising experience
- Capable of planning and delivering major events; developing and managing event budgets; achieving income goals
- Proven experience annually raising $750k or more via events.
- Proven experience running singular events raising $400,000 or more
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and experience using this to find, develop and secure new donors and sponsors for our events at multiple dollar levels, including securing single sponsors at levels of $50k to $100k.
- Experience working with and facilitating event committees/chairs/sub-committees and other volunteers to deliver best-in-class events
- Ability to work individually as well as within a team environment
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, interpersonal (written and verbal) and presentation/public speaking skills
- Skilled in developing vendor relations, conducting contract negotiations
- Ability to work evenings and some weekends will be required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Experience working with participatory fundraising websites for walk-a-thons/runs such as Firstgiving, Crowdrise, etc.
- Donor Management Systems experience, ideally Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Familiar with fund raising events and resources in the greater Merrimack Valley area a strong plus
- Knowledge of graphic design software a plus or willingness to learn
- Bachelor’s Degree; bi-lingual (English-Spanish) a plus
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: The information described here includes but is not necessarily limited to general physical requirements, demands and/or working conditions that an employee is likely to encounter at Lazarus House, Inc. Additional requirements may arise as your employment and needs of the Ministry evolve. You must be able to handle or possess the ability to meet the following:
- Prolonged sitting and/or standing, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate equipment pertinent to your area- office, kitchen, warehouse, cleaning, etc.
- Lifting, moving and carrying up to 50 pounds occasionally (This may be 75 pounds or more when employee’s responsibilities include moving furniture and other such items).
- Travel from building to building within the Ministry and/or to external agencies.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work with or be exposed to diverse populations, including people who are homeless or have mental illness or other challenges
- Interact effectively with staff, guests, volunteers, benefactors and the general public.
- Manage multiple priorities
- Able to manage the stress of the job.