“Our work should not be superficial but deep. We must reach the heart.
To reach the heart we must do- love is proved in deeds.”
– Mother Teresa
Position Title: Communications Assistant/Graphic Designer
Reports To: Director of Communications
This position assists the Director of Communications in taking our
communications/public relations to the next level. This position will focus on designing and
executing communications campaigns and marketing materials. There will be special attention on
building a strong social media platform and keeping our website updated and relevant.
1. Communications Support – Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Director of communications on creation of print, website, Constant Contact, slides and video communications
- Keep a detailed project management list to ensure early delivery
- Implement communication strategies to consistently and professionally express the vision of Lazarus House Ministries
- Maintain a photography library
- Monitor print jobs to project completion
- Keep a pulse on local non-profit communication and current marketing trends
- Stay abreast of new social media communications opportunities and platforms
- Enforce Lazarus House Ministries brand guidelines for look and feel of all published brochures, flyers, public relations pieces, advertisements, web pages, constant contact projects etc.
2. Administrative Support – Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer Communications Department phones and take detailed messages
- Troubleshoot software and information technology problems elevating where necessary
- Responsible for assisting with system maintenance, and suggesting software updates and purchases to improve communications and efficiency
- Assist the Director of Communications with administrative needs
- Work cooperatively with other department leaders on pre-approved projects to ensure details are completed in advance of their needs
- Mature individual with a love for God’s people and a genuine interest in the issues of poverty and homelessness
- Understanding and support of how the Gospel foundation drives our decisions and actions throughout the Ministry
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission of Lazarus House ministries
- Understand and support how the Gospel drives our decisions and actions
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in communications or graphic design
- Proficient in Adobe Design Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Professional Office 2010, Constant Contact and WordPress
- Experience using design software in a corporate environment
- Solid knowledge of the print production process
- Proficient in Social Media marketing and communications (Facebook, Facebook Live, Instagram, Twitter, You Tube and other popular and emerging social networks)
- Proven ability to get design tasks accomplished efficiently
- Knowledge of and Interest in videography and video editing a plus
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The information described here includes but is not necessarily limited to general physical requirements, demands and/or working conditions that an employee is likely to encounter at Lazarus House. Additional requirements may arise as your employment needs of the Ministry evolve. You must be able to handle or possess the ability to meet the following:
- Prolonged sitting and/or standing, some bending, stooping and stretching
- Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate equipment pertinent to your area; office, kitchen, warehouse, cleaning, etc.
- Lifting, moving and carrying up to 50 pounds occasionally (This may be 75 pounds or more when employee’s responsibilities include moving furniture and/or to external agencies.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work with or be exposed to diverse populations, including people who are homeless or have mental illness or other challenges
- Interact effectively with staff, guests, volunteers, benefactors and the general public
- Manage multiple priorities
- Able to manage the stress of the job
Important: This is more than a desktop publishing position – applicant will be required to incorporate Lazarus House Ministries’ vision and focus through print, email, website design and updates, social and digital media.
24 hours per week on site
Please send cover letter, resume and graphic design samples to:
Danielle Tjalsma – firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT LINE: COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT APPLICANT